Tandoori Tuna Tartare with Soft Polenta
- 100g Tandoori Paste
- 200g Plain Yoghurt
- 80g Tuna Loin
- 50g Instant Polenta
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 20g Leek
- 500ml Chicken Stock
- Salt Flakes
- To make the tandoori marinade, mix tandoori paste with plain yoghurt in a bowl.
- Add tuna loin into the marinade and wrap the bowl with cling film. Chill in the fridge for about 6 hrs.
- To cook the polenta, heat up a pot with a small amount of olive oil. Add in leek and sauté till it turns golden brown.
- Add chicken stock into the pot, then add polenta and boil for about 10 mins over medium heat.
- To make the tuna loin, heat the pan with some olive oil. Pan-sear all four sides of the tuna loin for about 30 secs on each side.
- Cook till medium rare or medium, depending on the thickness of your tuna loin.
- Pour the cooked polenta into a shallow bowl and top with the cooked tuna loin.
- Before serving, season tuna with some salt flakes and pepper.